Yield provides a ‘best in class’ organic waste contaminant removal and de-packaging system. Based on our design and operational experience with contaminated waste streams we have focused on the following criteria as the cornerstones to our solutions:
- Successful solutions are not ‘plug and play’ with single pieces of equipment.
- Equipment manufacturers don’t design or integrate long term sustainable solutions.
- Standard de-packaging/pre-treatment equipment requires the use of up to a 1:1 ratio of organic waste to water for successful separation which significantly increases the transportation costs and dilutes the energy content of the cleaned slurry.
- No single piece of equipment can clean organic waste enough to prevent short term grit build-up on the bottom of digester tanks.
- No single piece of equipment can remove enough plastics from the slurry to avoid physical contamination of the digested or composted slurry.
- Slurries created by standard de-packaging/pre-treatment equipment will contain significant amounts of heavy solids like bones, metals and eggshells as well as plastics.
- Heating prior to the filtration phase will significantly improve contaminant separation.
- Standard de-packaging/pre-treatment solutions are labour intensive and messy when handling variable or mixed waste streams.
- If the total solids (TS) including contaminants remains <25% then no additional process water will be required.